Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced Monday that all people eligible for vaccinations in the Phase 1B cohort could receive them.
“Thanks to doctors, nurses, and pharmacies around the state, our vaccination program is running strong,” Hutchinson said. “We are seeing an encouraging drop in the number of new cases, active cases, and hospitalizations. Secretary of Health Dr. Jose Romero and I agree that we can now allow everyone who falls in the 1-B category who wants a vaccine to have one. This will hasten the day when we contain COVID-19 in Arkansas.”
Those included in the open phases are, among others:
• People 65 years and older
• Those who work in the education system
• Police, fire, other first responders
• Corrections officers
• Food and agriculture workers
• People with intellectual or developmental disabilities
• Essential government employees
• Grocery store employees
• Meal delivery employees
• Postal and package delivery service employees
• Public transit workers
• Those who work in houses of worship
• Manufacturing employees
A toll-free number for vaccination information opened today at 800-985-6030, and is open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Representatives with the hotline will schedule appointments for Department of Health vaccine clinics and will provide information about pharmacies and providers in the caller’s area that offer vaccinations.
A list of clinics is available healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/adh-covid-19-vaccine-clinics.